Coloring is a great after-school activity, but what if you could incorporate the fun of coloring and puzzles into your child’s school curriculum? Here are some ideas to help you use our Miracle of Life Coloring & Activity Book to reinforce reading, writing, arithmetic, faith, and pro-life education
1. Learn the ABCs, culture-of-life style
- Every young child struggles with learning to recognize the many shapes and patterns that make up our alphabet. Use our ABCs of Life from the Miracle of Life Coloring & Activity Book not only to reinforce the alphabet but also to help your students understand the beauty and value of every human being.
- After your child has completed the ABC coloring pages, you can reinforce his knowledge of the alphabet by having him complete the Butterfly connect-the-dots.
2. Read aloud and learn
- Each page in the Miracle of Life Coloring & Activity Book not only has an activity for your student, but has a short sentence for you to read as well. Then, in a sentence or two, you can take a minute to explain the picture in your own words.
- If your child is old enough to sound out a few words, guide him along as he reads the sentence on the page before diving into coloring.
- Memorization is a valuable skill, even when children have not yet begun to read. Have your students memorize the two Bible verses and the Prayer to the Guardian Angel (included on the hand tracing page and Guardian Angel pages).
3. Explore the lives of saints
- Read the story of St. Gianna Beretta Molla, a young mother who gave up her life in order to save her preborn baby daughter.
- Explore the culture of life through the life of St. John Paul II, whose encyclical Evangelium Vitae explains the need to build a culture of life in our society in order to protect and help all human beings.
- Learn about the founder of the Missionaries of Charity, St. Teresa of Calcutta, and her care for the poorest of the poor in India.
- Encourage students to think of ways they can imitate the example of the saints and become the next “Champion for Life.”
4. Play games to help observation skills
- Ask your child to describe what is going on in the picture.
- How many preborn babies can you count throughout the book? (Answer: 14 preborn babies. Don’t forget American Life League’s logo on the front and back covers!)
- How many mothers are in the book? (Answer: 16 moms. Did you count Mother Teresa?)
- How many fathers are in the book? (Answer: 8 dads. Don’t forget God the Father and the Holy Father!)
The Miracle of Life Coloring & Activity Book is a tool for parents and teachers to begin discussions about the culture of life with their children and students.
Order your copy here.